The Model 5436-10 Mobile Surface Sentinel is a precision instrument that provides accurate surface temperature and air temperature, in real-time, from a moving vehicle to an in-cab color LCD display. Its fully weatherproof design and rapid temperature response rates meet the demands of road weather management professionals. An audible alarm alerts the vehicle operator of freezing conditions. The Mobile Surface Sentinel sensor connects through a wireless connection to the Mobile Display Unit (MDU) for simple installation without the need to route wires.
The Mobile Surface Sentinel sensor connects to the Mobile Display Unit (MDU) via wireless Bluetooth for simple installation without the need to route wires from outside to inside the vehicle. Simply connect each unit to a vehicle power source. The sensor mounts outside the vehicle, pointed at the road surface. The MDU mounts inside the vehicle to display the road surface and air temperature as a number and a graph. The display uses a high resolution color LCD that is configured with an easy to navigate menu. A menu selectable RS-232 or RS-485 serial output is made available via a connector with screw terminals on the back of the MDU for easy integration into new or existing Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) units.
- Measures both air temperature and surface temperature in real-time
- Bluetooth connectivity to Mobile Display Unit (MDU) reduces installation time and cost associated with routing wires
- Rapid air and surface temperature response time to allow faster maintenance decisions
- Ability to calibrate the sensor in the field
- User-adjustable temperature alert brings attention to the driver of freezing conditions
- Numerical and graphical display of sensor data
- RS-232 and RS-485 serial output standard from MDU allows for easy integration to AVL units
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts brightness of MDU for day and night operation