The Model 5436-15 Mobile Surface Sentinel – Serial provides accurate surface temperature and air temperature from a vehicle, in real-time. Serial data is made available from the included sensor cable. This allows connection to on-board vehicle controllers without the need for extra equipment. Robust materials are used, providing real-time rapid temperature response rates to meet the demands of road weather management professionals.
The Mobile Surface Sentinel sensor is mounted to the front of the vehicle, pointed at the road surface, with the power and communication cable routed inside the vehicle. A weatherproof connector is provided near the sensor on the cable for easy wire routing and sensor maintenance. The sensor provides a user-selectable RS-232 or RS-485 (streaming or polled) output for simple integration into new or existing Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) units.
Also available as a wireless configuration, the Mobile Surface Sentinel Model 5436-10 communicates via Bluetooth to an in-cab LCD display.
- Road weather management. Actionable measurements save on material by adjusting application rates in real-time
- Fleet management. Track your assets in real time when combined with the Model 5437 MPU and Contrail® for Road Weather. Or, integrate into existing AVL systems with the sensors open-architecture data output.
- Thermal mapping tool. Know where trouble spots are on the roadway by mapping out the thermal characteristics.
- Road Weather Information System (RWIS). Fill in gaps of an existing RWIS network to better understand the current state of the road system.
- Summer road maintenance. Alert paint striping crews that the road is ready to start work.