What we do
At High Sierra Electronics, Inc. our focus is on customer satisfaction. We believe that our success is determined by what we help our customers achieve.
We have a longstanding reputation for our business integrity, engineering expertise, product reliability, and professional service. Our customers know they can rely on our commitment to provide solutions that support them on their mission.
Since 1992, we have been designing and manufacturing environmental monitoring systems for the protection of lives and property. Our systems help identify threats posed by the weather, which include flooding, dangerous road conditions, and vulnerable dams and levees. We provide turn-key solutions from sensors in the field to central software that collects data for decision makers and disseminates alarms.
At HSE our mission is to supply high quality hydrological monitoring systems and meteorological instruments to the world, for the protection of lives, property, and for the conservation and optimization of the earth’s water resources.
Our goal is to become the vendor of choice for agencies and corporations who measure the weather to protect the public and improve traffic safety. We strive to achieve this by solving our customer’s environmental monitoring challenges in a cost-effective and timely fashion, using our state-of-the-art technologies, our in-depth knowledge of the industry, and our system integration expertise.
About Our Technology
High Sierra Electronics designs and builds complete hydro-meteorological systems along with designing and manufacturing the components that support those systems. Our engineering practices follow our long-established customer- focused Quality Management System.
HSE is committed to building system solutions that integrate the best in hardware and software systems. We emphasize dependable, quality service and on-time delivery. Our continuous Quality Improvement Program is based on customer satisfaction.
High Sierra Electronics has a growing footprint, with offices and sister company offices in the U.S. and Australia.
- Grass Valley, California (HQ)
- OneRain, Longmont, Colorado
- OneRain Australia Pty Ltd., Melbourne Australia
- Houston, Texas
- Ft. Worth, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- Louisville, Kentucky
and affiliates in Australia:
- Canberra, Capital Territory
- Townsville, Queensland
- 1992 High Sierra Electronics founded in California. Specializing in flood warning sensors, equipment, and transmitters.
- 1994 Product 3206 Line Released. HSE Releases field configurable ALERT transmitters designed for field programming.
- 2007 Road Sensor Station. HSE installs first road sensors, beginning their investment in the road weather industry.
- 2011 Product 3306 Line Released. HSE invests in developing their configurable logger/transmitter solution that is update-able through configuration software. This product allows solutions beyond ALERT, enabling cellular data, ALERT2 and other solutions.
- 2011 ALERT2™ open standard radio protocol defined, which brings better data and opens new hydrology related markets.
- 2011 First NTCIP Compliant IceSight Road Weather System. HSE deploys their first Intelligent Transportation System based non-contact road sensors.
- 2012 Product 3306-A2 Released, HSE released first ALERT2 transmitter, leading the market as the first production ALERT2 product.
- 2016 OneRain owners acquire High Sierra Electronics forming two sister companies, The relationship brings together software, hardware, and field services into a team of companies that deliver end to end solutions for their combined customer base.
- 2017 HSE celebrates 25 years in business along with sister company, OneRain Incorporated.
- 2017 HSE/OneRain releases first ALERT2™ high water detection system. This is the first fully ALERT2 two way autonomous system and is the result of a joint technology partnership between the two companies.
- 2018 HSE becomes an AE Monitoring member company. AE Monitoring was formed by Union Park Capital to create a family of companies focused on monitoring of critical environmental parameters, including meteorology, hydrology, air, and soil.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact Us Today!